We are Changemakers, literally.
Our current mission was born out of a Changemaker Project with UN Women initiative Empower Women in 2015 - a global movement for Women's Economic Empowerment, which empowers men and women to become changemakers and leaders in their own communities.
The FutureProof Foundation traces it's origins back to 2006, as a grass-roots volunteer run organisation to support young women in the City of Westminster into employability by advancing their entrepreneurial skills, confidence and knowledge.
Today, our team consists of three UN Women Global Champions for Change, and over fifteen volunteers in the City of Westminster, working together we are dedicated to empowering more young women and girls through social action for gender equality and change.
What We've Achieved
We are passionate about supporting young women and girls to become economically empowered, and we've been busy working away to make a difference and drive change.
- We have helped over 300 young women in the UK with starting a business, and improving their entrepreneurial skills.
- We have campaigned online and in our communities with UN Women Empower Women to raise awareness of the importance of gender equality and women's empowerment.
- Our founder has been shortlisted for the 2016 Variety Catherine Awards - Celebrating Inspirational Women in Business.
- We have visited over 50 schools to speak to young women and girls (and boys too) about enterprise, entrepreneurship and women's economic empowerment.
- We are the winners of the 2016 City of Westminster Impact Scholar Award for our work empowering young women growing up and studying in Westminster.
- We have attended the Houses of Parliament and the House of Lords to raise awareness of the issues facing young women in the UK and equality.